So then, as we’ve said before, we’ll be bringing you the highlights of each week’s Allsång På Skansen on here. However, this week there really was only one highlight – the Siw Malmkvist medley!
Guys with guitarzzzzzzzzzzzzzz were the order of the evening otherwise, with The Moniker, Håkan Hellström, and Ulrik Munther all sharing the line-up with the grand dame of schlager, Siw. Not really our thing, but you can watch the whole show here, should you be curious. For now, we just want to talk about the show’s highlight. A highlight so thrilling and awe inspiring, we could actually pick out several standalone highlights form that 6.5 minute performance itself! Let’s start;
- The grand entrance where the SEVENTY FIVE year old woman bounds onto the stage, hip-shaking and camera schmoozing amongst a troupe of twenty something dancers.
- The duet with Måns Zelmerlöw during which she dances on a park bench competing for his attention with two other girls. And wins.
- Her SPRINT across the stage in order to make it in time for the medley’s next song.
- Cavorting with The Moniker
- The mental interaction she displays with her third suitor – teasing him about his paunch, bumping her sizeable chest against him, before getting bored, discarding him, and displaying genuine repulsion at his attempts to woo her back.
- Getting over her previous guy by bouncing onto the stage again in the middle of two more.
- The realisation by the sixth love interest that the number of guys she’s sung and danced with in this medley is greater than the number of song’s that have been performed
What a woman! And while all this was going on, every audience member and everyone watching at home, still had her complete attention throughout the performance.
This is one performance we’re gonna be watching again, and again, and again.
Anyone coming to Stockholm for the Pride festival next month will be able to see her live also, when she’ll be joined by Towa Carson and Ann-Louise Hansson, to recreate this legendary spectacle. You lucky people!